Founded in 1716, the First Presbyterian Church in the City of New York has a long and progressive history. The sanctuary of its current home, built in 1918, was renovated to update and improve lighting using state of the art, energy-efficient sources. Lilker Lighting Group provided lighting design services. The spaces within the sanctuary include chancel, nave, side aisles, balconies, columbarium, and narthex. Improved lighting for the chancel was added to accent the altar, choir screen, reredos, organ, and wood tracery ceiling. Lighting retrofits within the nave increased illumination levels fourfold while reducing energy use to 1/10 of its previous amount.